Air Around Us Class 6 Questions and Answers :
Hello Students here you will read Air Around Us Class 6 Questions and Answers. Science Class 6 Chapter Air Around Us Important Questions and Answers. Air Around Us General Knowledge Question Answer Class 6.
Air Around Us Class 6 Questions and Answers :-
1) Which Gas in the Atmosphere is essential for Respiration ?
Ans. Oxygen in the Atmosphere is essential for Respiration.
2) What is composition of Air ?
Ans. Air comprises water vapour , Oxygen , Nitrogen , Carbon Dioxide , dust and Smoke.
3) The composition of Air used by green plants to make their food is _ _ _ _.
Ans. Carbon Dioxide.
4) The Layer of Air around the Earth is known as :
5) How will you show that Air is dissolved in water ?
Ans. Take a little water in the beaker
Then place the beaker on the stand and heat slowly. Before the water boils you will notice some bubbles on the bottom of the beaker
These bubbles are coming out of the air dissolved in water. This practice shows that air is dissolved in water.
6) Five Activities that are possible due to presence of Air :
Ans. 1.To breathe for Survival
2.For burning of substance
3. For Photosynthesis
5. Flying Kite
7) How do plants and animals help each other in exchange of gases in Atmosphere ?
Ans. Animals take in oxygen during their respiration and release carbon dioxide. Plants, on the other hand, use carbon dioxide and release oxygen during their cooking process.
In this way plants and animals help each other in exchange of gases in Atmosphere.
8) Why does a lump of cotton shrinks in water ?
Ans. A lot of air is trapped in the cotton fibers and when it is immersed in water, this air turns into water. And lump of cotton shrinks in water.
Nitrogen - Nitrogen is essential for plant growth.
Oxygen - It is needed for respiration and for burning.